Make your own Festive Holiday Curtain
Simple DIY curtain-with cute rutching -so easy and so pretty.
Shabby Chic meets English country.
1.Cut out your fabric: measure the window and add 1 inch to each side and top for seam allowance.
2. Press. Now fold in 1/4 inch on each side, press. Do this again, press.
Now sew this seam up from the bottom, but STOP 1 inch from the top. (Leave this for now.)
3. Cut 4 elastic pieces in equal length that measure 1/3 of the length of your curtain.
My curtain is 33 inches in length (top to bottom) so my elastic pieces were 11 inches long.
4. Fold the top down 1/4 inch, press. Fold another 1 inch and press, now sew this seam down.
(Just like a waist casing for a skirt. It hides the raw edges nicely.)
7. Add trim of your choice to the bottom--I went a few inches up from the very edge.
8. Finally, close up the side edges at the top AFTER you slide your curtain rod through.
(Duh- I had to use my stitch remover thingy and re-do it.)
This is a fast and fun way to give yourself some Festive Spirit. I like mine so much I keep looking at it when I pass by the room. The simple things are often the most rewarding.